Actsmart Sustainable Home Advice
Ready to save money and help the environment by minimising your energy use?
Independent advice and information available to all ACT residents – will help you be kind to the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, without compromising on your comfort at home.
All you have to do is call, email or submit this online form for an experienced energy expert to provide FREE advice on reducing your energy use.
Call 1300 141 777
Available weekdays 9 am to 5 pm (excluding public holidays).
An in-home user-pay service is available which includes a full energy efficiency assessment of your home. See the 'User-pay service' tab below for more information.
After talking to the experts, I had a blower door test done on my house. I've now fixed many leaks, have the heater on a lot less and am saving quite a bit of money.Canberra resident
The FREE experienced energy expert will help you save greenhouse gas emissions and save money by advising you on:
- free or inexpensive ways to reduce energy use for heating, cooling, appliances, hot water, lighting and cooking
- retro-fitting to increase energy efficiency, including with insulation and window treatments
- comparing costs of space and water heating systems, air-conditioning, built-in cooking appliances, and light fixtures
- comparing costs of running domestic appliances
- energy-efficient home design, and suitability of house blocks
- where to borrow a Home Energy Action Kit, which you can use to self-audit your home.
Our experienced and qualified energy efficiency adviser can conduct a specific energy efficiency assessment within your home.
These assessments are conducted on a 'user-pay' basis and are available to all residents within the ACT.
An in-home energy efficiency assessment is available where you live in:
- owner-occupied home
- home rented from a private landlord
- home rented from Housing ACT
- community housing
Our expert will perform a range of energy efficiency services including:
- assessing the thermal performance of your home
- assessing your energy use, ventilation, heating, cooling, water, lighting and windows
- identifying energy-saving opportunities
- identifying health and safety issues
- advice and recommendations
After the assessment, you'll receive a written report that includes:
- information collected during the audit process
- list of improvements for your home
- practical solutions and behavioural changes that you can make
Pricing for an in-home energy efficiency assessment is:
- small home (less than 139m2) $250.00
- medium home (from 139-232m2) $300.00
- large home (more than 232m2) $350.00
Note: There is a free service to pensioner concession card holders via our Home Energy Efficiency Program.
For further information or to book a home energy efficiency assessment, call 1300 141 777.
Workshops & Events
Experts on home energy efficiency occasionally conduct workshops at various venues around Canberra and attend public events to provide FREE information.
See upcoming workshops and events in your area here.