Actsmart Sustainable Home Advice - FREE independent advice, information and resources to help householders minimise their home energy use and bring down Big Bill.
For help on how to make your household more energy efficient, call 1300 141 777.
Energy use in the ACT results in greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 4.18 million tonnes of carbon dioxide annually, from four main sources:
- 62 per cent from electricity (generated outside ACT borders and fed into the ACT grid);
- 23 per cent from transport fuels;
- 9 per cent from natural gas;
- 3 per cent from industrial processes; and
- 2 per cent from waste decomposition.
In a typical ACT household there are many opportunities to be more energy efficient, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save money, mostly by reducing energy use for space heating, cooling and hot water.
The ACT Government is committed to helping Canberrans to increase their energy efficiency, save money and switch to renewable energy through Actsmart rebates and assistance.