Change Your Mode for March
Change your Mode for March challenges you to get active with your travel. Park your vehicle and walk, cycle or take the bus to get healthy and reduce transport emissions.
Register before 1 March and compete for your chance to win $500.
Your active travel could include:
- Riding your bike to school or work
- Walking to the local coffee shop
- Scootering around Lake Burley Griffith
All you have to do is:
- Register for Change Your Mode for March by 5pm 28 February
- Track your kilometres through the Eco Challenge webtool from 1-31 March
And you’ll go in the draw to win $500 cash or a $100 family movie voucher – it’s that easy!
There are so many reasons to take the Change Your Mode for March challenge. Walking, cycling or catching the bus instead of driving a car has lots of benefits for you and the environment. Here are a few:
- Exercise is good for your health and your sense of wellbeing
- Easing congestion on our roads makes it easier to move about the city
- Leaving the car at home reduces transport emissions
- Walking, cycling or catching the bus saves you money on petrol, parking and vehicle maintenance.
While the ACT is on track to meet its target of 100% renewable energy by 2020 and carbon neutrality by 2045, we also need to address emissions from the transport sector. Transport is one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gases in Canberra and everyone needs to do their bit to reduce emissions. Every time you leave the car at home, even for small trips, you help to create a more sustainable and healthy Canberra.
Registration is easy – register with the Eco Challenge and accept the Change Your Mode for March challenge by 5pm 28 February 2019.
The competition kicks off on 1 March, where you'll be able to select your form of transport and distance traveled each week.