Share your story
Share your story
Solar for Low Income Program
The Solar for Low Income Households Program provides a fantastic opportunity for eligible households in the ACT to invest in rooftop solar panels to help reduce their energy costs.
Eligible participants are able to access a subsidy of up to 50% of the total cost of a solar system.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must:
1) Hold an Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card;
2) Be a homeowner in the ACT and;
3) Not already have roof top solar PV installed.
Please note there are additional eligibility requirements, for example, orientation and size of roof, shading etc. Households will be assessed on an individual basis against all eligibility requirements.
How much is the subsidy?
The program subsidies up to 50% (capped at $2,500) for the supply and installation of a roof top solar system.
How does the process work?
- Contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or email at Actsmart@act.gov.au to register your interest and confirm your eligibility.
- A solar contractor will contact you to confirm if your household is suitable for rooftop solar, design a system based on your household requirements and complete a cost benefit analysis to determine your repayment.
- An obligation free quote/contract will be provided for your consideration.
- Once you sign the contract your system will be installed and any payment plans (if applicable) will commence.
Am I obligated to take up the offer?
The quote provided by the solar contractor is obligation free and of no cost to the homeowner.
Is there any cost to have a solar contractor come out and give an analysis?
No, there is no cost for an assessment. The analysis is free and there is no obligation to sign any contract until you are ready.
If you believe you are eligible to participate or have any other questions, please contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or email Actsmart at Actsmart@act.gov.au
The program is available to home owner occupiers who are in possession of an Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card. Further eligibility will be assessed upon application.
How to take part of the program
Individuals that meet the eligibility criteria can contact the Actsmart Household team on 13 22 81 or email at Actsmart@act.gov.au. Actsmart will confirm your eligibility and refer you onto the service provider to undertake a detailed cost benefit analysis and suitability assessment of your household for the program.